ear readers, and friends
Natural relief for varicose veins
Varicose veins are veins that have become enlarged and twisted.
In this post, I would like to share with you my discoveries about natural relief for varicose veins.
Why did I choose this topic, you will ask me?
You see, I have developed myself varicose veins, some years ago. Because too much standing up for many hours and I had the symptoms of heavy, unpleasant sensation on my legs.
That is the reason I had to learn about how to relief naturally from my varicose veins.
I decided to do some serious research, which I did.
To understand the problems and to find relief.
Did you know that?
There are many ways to prevent and treat varicose veins.
As you may know, there are many products out there to treat varicose veins, some naturally, better than others.
Therefore, which ones are effective?
First, let me explain to you the leading causes of having varicose veins.
Often, because standing over a long period increases the pressure in the vein, or sitting for long hours you can develop the risk of having swollen veins. Your arteries carry blood from your heart to the rest of your tissues.
Veins return blood from the rest of your body to your heart.
Consequently, the veins in your legs must work against gravity.
Think about this fact
The muscle contraction in your lower legs act as pumps and elastic vein walls help blood return to your heart
If you stay stagnant for too long, it’s harder for your veins to pump blood efficiently back to your heart and fight the effect of gravity.
Let me quickly explain the function of valves?
Do all veins have valves?
Most veins do not have valves; it is the veins further away from the heart in the lower limbs that have valves.
This system of pipes needs to overcome the effect of gravity working against the upward flow of venous blood.
What happens when the valves in the veins are incompetent?
When the valves do not work in these veins and blood is pumped the wrong way out
That will result in having inflammation under the skin, varicose veins or thread veins.
The valve failure damages these veins. As a result, you will have poor blood circulation,
You see when the circulatory system is not working correctly you can be at risk of some different health problems.
According to the International Radiology Surgery Department at Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
People most likely to develop varicose veins:
- Are older people, after over the age of 40
- People overweight
- People who have jobs that require them to sit or stand for too many hours
- Those with low level’s physical activity
- People having a poor diet
How can I improve poor circulation?
For instance, you have the choice of:
- Increasing blood circulation by doing the exercise like walking or swimming
- Do elevate your legs when you are resting.
- Above all wearing compression stockings will help improve the blood flow in your legs.
But if you have high cholesterol?
- Then, you must keep your cholesterol and blood pressure at healthy levels.
- That’s why eating a healthy diet that is low in saturated fats will undoubtedly help.
- Avoid too much caffeine, prefer to drink in moderation
- Do not drink too much alcohol, always in moderation
What if I have these symptoms?
- Muscles cramps.
I suggest seeing your physician.
Let’s see what I have found for you.
Here are few tops natural remedies, for the benefits of your varicose veins
How about Ginkgo Biloba?
Is the only living species of the division Gingkophyta, all others have gone extinct
For this reason, people referred to as a “living fossil.”
Native to China, the seeds have been used in traditional medicine for thousands of years. They can also be cooked, by placing the (dry) ginkgo nuts in a cast-iron skillet with olive oil over medium-high heat, then sprinkle them with sea salt. People will eat them in small quantity to help lower cholesterol.
The Ginkgo leaf extract is used to make tablets, capsules or teas.
More studies about Ginkgo Biloba.
In Norway product of Ginkgo leaf are approved by the Norwegian Medicine Agency
- To improve blood circulation
- Good to prevent infections
- Good for Improving memory
- Useful to Help restore vision
I recommend you to look for Ginkgo that contains standardized Ginkgo leaf extracts components.
Ginkgo is made up of over 40 different elements, including bioflavonoids flavonoids and terpenoid flavonoids. These are antioxidants that protect the heart, blood vessels, and the nervous system. And appear to be an essential component in the plant.
Terpenoids flavonoids. Help dilate the blood vessels and increase blood flow.
HERE ARE SOME CONS AND IMPORTANT PRECAUTIONS.
- This extract interacts with anti-coagulant and antiplatelet medication.
- Not to be taken by pregnant and lactating women.
- Cannot be taken with anti-depressant
- Talk to your doctor before using.
What is the maximum dosage?
Medical Studies, suggest starting at a low dose of 120 milligrams daily and increasing gradually to 300 milligrams for four weeks to 4 months
All Clinical Trials use a standardized extract of Ginkgo to 24% flavone glycosides coupled with 6% terpene lactones.
Another popular remedy for varicose veins.
Horse Chesnut ( Aesculus Hippocastanum ).
When I read about this plant Also known as Aescin. I was surprised to discover all the fantastic properties of the plant.
What is Aescin?
Aescin, which is vasoprotective, the active ingredient comes from the extract of the dried seeds of the Horse Chesnut plant.
- The blood thinning property of Horse Chesnut increases circulation in the varicose veins.
- It’s anti-inflammatory and mild, diuretic action reduces pain and swelling in the affected area.
- It is said to help strengthen the walls of the blood vessels and stimulate the regeneration of damaged veins.
In addition, I read an article about the Horse chestnut (Aescin), that studied experimented on 240 people.
As a result, they found 25% of people had a noticed change in the swelling of the lower legs
after taking 50milligrams of AESCIN twice a day for a length of twelve weeks.
Furthermore, some herbalists recommend the dosage of 40 milligrams three times daily
But always, ask your doctor before taking any herbal remedies.
Because they can react with the medicine you are taking.
Beneficial essential oils.
Many natural oils are beneficial for improving blood flow.
One of the best I found is CYPRESS essential oil
Especially because essential oil can improve blood circulation.
- Try rubbing five drops of CYPRESS essential oil on the painful area twice a day for several weeks.
- If you have some discomfort reaction, try to dilute essential oils like peppermint, tea tree, and lavender oil in a small amount.
Here are more home remedies for varicose veins:
Apple cider vinegar
- This is a very effective treatment for varicose veins
- Improve circulation in the vein walls and is an anti-inflammatory
- People who are using ACV along with Hazel essential oil on varicose veins improve the appearance
- in just a few weeks.
Bilberry fruits can be eaten fresh or made into extracts or tea.
You can take about 160 milligrams twice daily.
Butcher’s Broom (Ruscus aculeatus)
( Usually, 200 milligrams daily)
I suggest you start an anti-inflammatory diet.
Such as consuming:
- fresh fruits,
- lean protein,
- healthy fats.
Certain foods help reverse inflammation and improve blood flow; you can heal varicose veins faster and prevent future ones from forming.
Please be aware that:
Having a poor diet, high in trans fats, sugar, caffeine, alcohol and processed foods, will consequently contribute to arterial damage.
Did you know?
- For instance, having natural diuretics herbal remedy is a good alternative.
- Consume fresh herbs, such as parsley, cilantro, basil, fennel.
- Dandelion greens.
- Spicy foods with spices as cayenne or curry help heat up the body and get the blood flowing.
Consider adding the following foods to your diet, such as:
- Wild-caught fish, salmon, mackerel, anchovies, sardines, and tuna.
In the meantime. The University of Maryland Medical Center also recommends increasing intake of RUTIN, (A type of flavonoid).
Because of the bioflavonoids properties in grape seed, pine bark, cranberry, hawthorn, blueberry. But consuming these will seriously help relieve the inflammation.
For example, grape seed extract ( 200 mg ) daily) and vitamin E ( 400 mg ) daily to help with blood flow.
Important to realize that any herb intended for varicose treatment should have the property to stimulate the circulatory system and strengthening the veins.
This information I provided to you is not intended to offer professional medical advice or treatment for any condition.
If you have any health problems or are taking any medication. Please seek advice from your healthcare provider prior to any change in your diet.
Thank you for taking the time to read my article. I am hoping that all the information I gave was helpful to you.